The following is an outline of the basic procedures for reviewing and implementing University policies that do not require approval by the Academic Senate. For the procedure governing Academic Policy Implementation see 10.2.1 Academic Policy Review and Implementation Procedures.
A. Process for Policy Addition, Deletion or Revision
Any University policy addition, deletion or revision that does not require l Academic Senate approval will be handled as follows:
- A draft of the policy or an email describing the policy, policy changes, or deletion requests should be submitted as early as possible to the Office of General Counsel for review and/or revisions as to legal form.
- The Office of General Counsel will (a) return the policy to the Submitter for revision and return to General Counsel for review; or (b) inform the Submitter the new, amended or deleted policy may move forward in the process.
- The Submitter should obtain approval from the appropriate Vice President or designee to submit the new, amended or deleted policy to the President.
- The President will approve the policy or redirect for further handling.
- Once approved in writing by the President and returned to the Submitter, the Submitter will provide a “marked up” version and a clean electronic version of the policy to the Office of General Counsel.
- The President or the Office of General Counsel will provide notice to the Academic Senate Chair of the revision, deletion, or new policy.
- The Office of General Counsel will promptly publish the new policy, revise the policy, or in the case of a deletion, will promptly delete the policy from the University Policy and Procedures website.
- The Office of General Counsel may ask the Submitter to proofread the published policy and confirm its accuracy.
- The Office of General Counsel may provide electronic notice of substantive changes to the affected University constituents.