Illinois State University has contracted with Corporate Travel Planners to be the primary travel agencies for University business travel. These partnerships provide the opportunity to track precise travel information for purposes of receiving airfare discounts and other volume based negotiated benefits.
Benefits of Using Designated Travel Agencies
- The ability to track our travel volume and carrier experience.
- Be sure to indicate that you are with Illinois State University when making travel arrangements in order to receive applicable discounts.
- The ability to bill airfare directly to Illinois State University.
- Time convenience of having a professional agent arrange your travel who is aware of discounts and travel suggestions.
- When possible, Illinois State University travel agencies will be utilizing ticketless (e-ticket) airline travel.
- E-tickets are used when travel is on a single carrier with no more than four flight segments.
- E-tickets avoid the possibility of lost tickets.
- There is no physical ticket, only a record in the computer.
- Photo identification is required at check-in.
- Curbside baggage check-in, or going directly to the gate with carry on luggage only, is still possible in major airports.
- Tickets at low fares must still be ticketed the same day the reservation is made. E-ticketing does not extend this deadline.
Online Booking - Online booking is now accepted as a method of purchasing travel services
- Online booking may not be the least costly solution, please check with the primary travel agencies as they may have access to discounts that are not available online.
- New airline forfeiture rules impose severe penalties when non-refundable tickets are not used on the dates and times purchased. Online booking does not give the traveler access to customer service assistance from the primary travel agencies.
- Some online booking engines are now charging service fees. Be certain to check for any additional fees, charges for paper tickets, or any other costs added to the price of the flight.
- The Departmental Credit Card may be used only to purchase air or train travel. Check with your department head or card administrator for your department's process, rules, or restrictions concerning card usage.
Use of Personal Credit Card
- If a personal credit card is used for business travel, reimbursement may be requested on a travel voucher after the travel occurs.
- Travel voucher on Comptroller's website: Travel Voucher