Jump over the site's section navigation.

7.8.4 Department Requests/Changes


A new department or name change of an existing department may be proposed/requested to the Budget Office. A new department may be required when a new academic program or functional organization is created. A new department typically is not created unless it will have employees associated with it. These are considered employing departments.

The Department Change Request Form is used to request a new department or change/delete an existing department. Once the form is submitted, it routes for approval to the Department Administrator/Director of the requesting area, Vice President of the requesting area (or President as applicable).  After the request is approved, the request is routed to the Budget Office Director for final processing.   


Policy Owner: Budget Office

Contact: Budget Office (309-438-2143)

Revised on: 08/2022

2023-02-13T08:30:18.827471-08:00 2023