In accordance with 110 ILCS 675/20-180, the University may employ an external search firm to facilitate the recruitment of the President and other highly skilled administrators.
- Presidential Search: The Board of Trustees will authorize the hiring of an external search firm in the case of the hiring of the President of the University.
- Searches for Other Positions: The President (or designee) will review requests for an external search firm and decide whether there is sufficient justifiable need for guidance from an individual or firm with specific expertise in the field of hiring. The President or designee shall communicate a decision in writing.
The hiring unit in conjunction with Human Resources must make this request in writing. Such requests must establish that there is a justifiable need for guidance from an individual or firm with specific expertise in the field of hiring. The following qualifying criteria may be used to do so:
- nature and scope of the position, including supervisory, fiscal, and compliance responsibilities;
- the nature and scope of the search;
- availability of University resources and talent to meet the University's goals for the search;
- an external search firm's expertise in such matters as:
- Developing and enhancing the quality of a candidate pool;
- Recruiting and screening potential candidates;
- Coordinating search and recruitment logistics;
- The specific field or profession relevant in the search;
- minimization of potential conflicts of interests; or
- the value of a perspective external to the University for the search.
The President may consider other factors relevant to a specific search and the University's goals for that search.