- At a designated time prior to each semester registration period, Chairs and Directors will initiate collection of information regarding textbooks and other supplemental materials. Information collected will include ISBN, author, title, publisher, copyright date, verified textbook pricing information (to the maximum extent practicable), and if the textbook and/or supplemental material is required or recommended. The information will be provided to the Office of the University Registrar for processing. Information on textbooks and supplemental materials for each course listed in the University's course schedule used for preregistration and registration purposes will be made publicly available.
- Illinois State University may not enter into a contract for textbook sales with any vendor that would restrict students from purchasing textbooks from other vendors, nor that would restrict instructors from adopting textbooks they deem suitable for their courses (regardless of availability from the contracted on-campus seller), or disclosing information about affordable textbook options, in an objective manner and without endorsing only one vendor, unless only one source of the selected material exists.
- The University shall also maintain a website with information concerning textbook selection, the need to investigate cost and format options, and the importance of timely reporting of materials chosen.
Procedures for Implementing the Textbook Policy
- For each academic semester and summer session, the date the information is due to be entered into the textbook ordering system will be provided by the Office of the University Registrar.
- The University Registrar and appropriate technology units will assure that the textbook list entered into the system is on the web.
- Problems related to textbook lists should be directed to the Office of the University Registrar.